Executive Director, Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network (Part-time or secondment)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network
(Part-time / Secondment)
The Organization and the Position
The Terry Fox Research Institute (TFRI) www.tfri.ca is a charitable organization supporting research focused on improving cancer research outcomes for the benefit of patients everywhere in partnership with Canadian cancer centres and universities.
Together with the Canadian Government and our other research and funding partners there are matching investments of up to $300 million over five years to create a transformation of cancer research in Canada by bringing together leading cancer research and treatment organizations across the country and empowering them under the framework of the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres
Network (the ‘Network’). We aspire to undertake the most impactful cancer research in Canada and to achieve Terry’s dream of a world without cancer by enabling the acceleration of precision medicine to improve outcomes for all cancer patients.
We are seeking a candidate for the position of Executive Director for the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network. If Terry’s dream is your dream, and you value excellence, integrity, leadership, are results oriented and believe in taking risks, we invite you to apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the importance and uniqueness of this role, informal enquiries are also welcomed and will be kept confidential (email: email@example.com).
The Executive Director, MOHCCN, (ED) provides operational leadership to deliver the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network mission and strategies, managing the Network’s research programs and relationships with the designated cancer centres. They will report directly to TFRI’s President and Scientific Director (CEO) and will be a member of TFRI’s executive team. Primarily accountable
through the Marathon of Hopes Cancer Centres Network Council, the ED directs network implementation and staff that manage all the Pan-Canadian activities of the Network: resource allocation, data performance measurement, reporting and analysis, peer review, and business relationships that include the federal government funders.
Key Performance Goals & Expectations
The ED will help to build and support an effective Network that adds value to the work of cancer centres across Canada. They will be instrumental in supporting the delivery of a high-quality linked dataset of cancer cases as a resource for scientific discovery and innovation. The ED will build business relationships with centres and partners to sustain the Network over the longer term.
The Executive Director, MOHCCN will:
Network Creation & Maintenance
• Lead activities that deliver upon the goals approved by the Network’s partners: Health Canada and others, that build a model for sustaining the Network into the future.
• Establish and deliver a program to support each of the designated Cancer Centres’ leadership and project managers to deliver upon the approved goals and milestones of individual centres.
• Establish and deliver robust programs for new project selection, performance evaluation and reporting to Health Canada, the Network Council and TFRI’s governance committees.
• Implement and advise upon the Network’s policies and procedures.
• Oversee compliance with the policies and procedures of the Network.
• Lead and direct operations at TFRI for delivery of the goals of the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network, including:
- a distributed cohort of 15,000 fully annotated cancer cases
- support for training of Canadian scientists and clinicians to implement precision medicine approaches, and
- building relationships and partnerships to sustain the Network over the longer-term.
• Work with Network Centres, partners and philanthropic sources to secure and report on matching funds for the Health Canada funding.
• Be responsible for oversight and control of Network resource allocations including budgeting, expenditures and performance reporting to TFRI, partners and Health Canada.
• Recruit and lead Network staff at TFRI’s offices, and distributed across Canada. The ED will have significant administrative support through dedicated program managers.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director of the Digital Health and Discovery Platform to implement the data sharing platform across the Network.
Key Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• Clinical qualifications (MD or equivalent)
• Experience in leadership with multi-organization research activities.
• Expertise in achieving consensus among partners in this role.
• Have translational and/or clinical research experience in oncology.
• Be familiar/experienced with clinical trial design and execution.
• Demonstrated dedication to team building and to solving complex issues.
• Passion for, and a tenacity to complete tasks.
• Willingness to take calculated risks.
TFRI anticipates that the candidate may desire to continue in their clinical role at a Canadian institution and will support a fractional secondment to fulfill the tasks of the ED.
Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages would be an asset.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the importance and uniqueness of this role, confidential and informal enquiries are also welcomed (email: email@example.com).
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all interested individuals including Indigenous persons, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
More search results
Unity Health Toronto (UHT) Hospitalist Fellowship
Unity Health Toronto - St. Michael's Hospital
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Child and Parent Resource Institute
Full time FHO Family Physician
Queen Square Doctors FHO
General Practitioner/ Telemedicine
Avicenna Digital Health