Professor in Health Systems (Teaching & Research)
UNSW Sydney is globally recognised for making an impact and it’s our people who make this happen. We are Australia’s number one university for impact in research, and we are one of the top 20 employers in Australia.
- Continuing, Full time position opportunity
- Academic Level E: $205K base + 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Sydney, Australia based.
- Lead the newly created theme area of Health Systems & Services
- Opportunity to deliver excellence & efficient care in our Health Systems
You will provide inspirational academic leadership and foster excellence in research, lead innovative teaching, and engagement activities in the area of Health Systems and implementation in NSW and across Australia. The role will lead our newly established Research Theme (Health Systems Research). Working in partnership with all of the UNSW Sydney academy, affiliated Medical Research Institutes, Local Health Districts, government, industry and consumers, you will develop, assess and implement solutions to address health system delivery questions that have significant implications for the performance and sustainability of the Australian health system. Applicants with interests in regional and/or international health systems are also of interest.
The position will report to the Head, School of Population Health for the substantive academic appointment. A joint, dotted line report will apply to the role also providing leadership for our Health Systems Research theme (Senior Vice Dean – Research and Operations).
Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in Health Systems, and extensive relevant work experience.
- Proven leadership of research projects and leadership of research teams, including high quality supervision of honours and postgraduate research projects.
- Demonstrated research impact with evidence of direct translation into models of care or system based changes
- Demonstrable capacity to attract research funding from a range of sources, including peer reviewed grants
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to work and influence across disciplines, Faculties, institutions, industry and professional accreditation bodies.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Evidence of being an inspirational role model for other academics seeking mentoring, guidance, advice and support.
- Experience of implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence and fostering this in others.
- Demonstrated experience with industry or work-integrated learning.
- Evidence of professional development of teaching practice in self and others with the ability to advance and lead an inclusive culture of excellence in learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead by example in supporting equal opportunity and equity, diversity and inclusion policy and programs as they relate to staff and students.
- Proven leadership in developing significant productive relationships and engagement with industry and the community, with success in attracting significant industry funding.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
In your application, please address the main selection criteria of the role in a separate cover letter. See the details of the full position description attached here.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (for job related questions)
Professor Rebecca Ivers – Head of School
Applications close: 11pm, 21st November 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. UNSW understands the importance of fostering a workplace culture that supports the work and life needs of its staff. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).