Family Physician - Urgent and Primary Care Clinic (UPCC)
Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure in all four seasons. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. During winter, enjoy cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. Cranbrook offers unique shops, farmers markets, cafés, sports arenas, an aquatic centre, cinema as well as two theatres and heritage culture. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and small town charm, it is considered by many the ideal place to raise a family and the ultimate location to live, work and play.
As a General Practice Physician, you will work with members of the care team at the new Urgent and Primary Care Clinic (UPCC). This state of the art clinic will provide longitudinal, urgent, and episodic care to the community of Cranbrook. This is an excellent opportunity for physicians to work as part of an interprofessional team.
The UPCC team will consist of general practitioners (GPs), nurse practitioners (NPs), registered nurse team lead, primary care registered nurses (RNs), social workers (SWs), medical office assistants (MOAs), and a dedicated operational manager. The team will focus on members of the general population with non-life threatening illnesses or injuries who need access to same-day care, including those who are unattached. Urgent care services will be available to the public: Monday to Friday – 0900-1900, Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays – 1000-1900.
Be part of this great new service, as it gets underway and help build the New Urgent and Primary Care services.
Apply today to live work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
For those interested, Leadership Development Opportunities are available with Interior Health’s NAVIG8 Program. The NAVIG8 Emerging Physician Leaders Program is a comprehensive leadership development program designed specifically for physicians to address the practical leadership knowledge, behaviours and skills that high potential, emerging medical leaders require to step into leadership roles early in their careers.
- Eligible for The College of Family Physicians of Canada Cert. (CCFP)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: 08.30-20.00 weekdays and 09.30-20.00 weekend / Stats
- On call requirements: None
- Payment Structure
- Service Contract
- Estimated Gross Income
- Please enquire
- RSA Incentives
- Rural incentives include:
- Recruitment bonus of $20,000
- Fee Premium: 14%
- Retention flat fee: $16,116.00
- Rural incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for loan forgiveness programs.
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000 maximum or $15,000 maximum if move is over 3,000 kms/international (with eligible receipts)