Full time FHO Family Physician
Queen Square Doctors (QSD) Family Health Organization (FHO) has been providing comprehensive primary care to the community of Brampton for over 35 years. The QSD is a group of 19 family physicians and 25 support staff, working with our partner, the Queen Square Family Health Team (FHT) of integrated health professionals, to meet the needs of over 35,000 patients. Our vision at QSD is to be an exemplary primary care provider serving the Brampton-Etobicoke Ontario Health Team community. We are committed to quality patient-centered care, leading clinical practices, and collaborative teamwork. We are supportive, respectful, caring, and accountable toward our patients and staff. A third doctor is retiring and a FHO spot is opening effective April 1, 2022.
GOVERNANCE OF THE FHO
QSDFHO is an association of independent practitioners who have agreed to share the cost of running the clinic. The terms are articulated in a cost sharing agreement. The successful candidate must apply for association membership after 6 months.
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE ROLE
In addition to providing comprehensive patient care, the incumbent will be expected to:
- Provide on call services for the practice as one of the 19 doctors at QSD, including one day (a 24- hour period) per month, and, about 4 weekends per year, including one long weekend.
- Provide scheduled evening clinic time appointments to sufficiently cover the care needs of own patients.
- Actively participate in the management of the practice.
QSDFHO ON-SITE PROVISION
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Patient examination rooms in accordance with an agreed upon schedule
- Office space and a QSD systems desk-top for administrative work
- Support from medical and administrative assistants
- All services/programs provided by the Queen Square Family Health Team
- ACCURO EMR
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Communications technology (3CX)
- Free parking
- Long term care (Holland Christian Homes) - attending physician role available in both retirement and nursing homes
- University appointment and teaching role (Mc Master, University of Toronto)
- Ontario Health Team participation (integrated, coordinated care for Brampton-Etobicoke)
- Affiliation/hospital privileges with William Osler Health System
- An established practitioner with a roster, who is willing to increase her/his roster, or a medical resident starting to practice and is committed to building a full-time practice (4 days per week)
- Strong interpersonal, rapport and teamwork skills
- Focus in clinical areas such as geriatrics, obstetrics, dermatology, palliative care or minor surgical procedures
- Willing to collaborate with the FHT to deliver care, especially in program areas such as: Seniors Wellness/Geriatrics, Diabetes Care, Maternal and Children Health and Palliative Care
- Supportive of Quality Improvement principles and quality standards of care
- Adept with EMR technology particularly for automated delivery of ED discharge summaries and lab results through OLIS and, consult notes through HMR and Connecting Ontario
- Interested in being affiliated with William Osler Health System
- Leadership interest
- Revenue generation interest
Candidates should write a letter to the Recruitment Committee outlining their interest in joining the QSD FHO and articulating their goals by November 15, 2021. A resume/cv should be included. A member of the recruitment committee will contact each selected candidate. Letters should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Shane Teper-Chair of the Board and Lead Physician
- Dr. Chris Veneema-Associate FHO Physician
- Dr. Darren Merker
- Dr. Tupur Rahman
- Dr. Judy Cooper
- Ms. Lisa Alcia -General Manager