Pediatric Cardiologist

Responsibilities/Duties

The Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, invite applications for a 1.0 FTE position, at the Clinical Assistant Professor level or higher. The successful candidate will have 70% time committed to clinical activity with the remaining 30% of time allocated to education and research. The successful candidate will have a strong clinical background in general pediatric cardiology, a background in clinical teaching and strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will provide ambulatory clinic services and share in inpatient consultation and on-call services. Diagnostic reporting of echocardiography, electrocardiograms and Holter studies is required. The Section of Pediatric Cardiology functions within the Cumming School of Medicine and provides bedside teaching for various undergraduate and postgraduate medical students as part of regular clinical duties. Advanced training in cardiac imaging or electrophysiology would be an asset.

The Section of Pediatric Cardiology has 8 cardiologists with subspecialty representation in advanced cardiac imaging, fetal cardiology, heart function, transplant, pediatric and adult congenital electrophysiology and pulmonary hypertension. Pediatric cardiac surgical and interventional cardiology services are provided at Stollery Children’s Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. Outreach clinics are currently provided to Lethbridge. Alberta Children’s Hospital is affiliated with the Cumming School of Medicine.

The Alberta Children’s Hospital services the City of Calgary and the residents of Southern Alberta, Southeastern British Columbia and Southwestern Saskatchewan: a catchment of area of ~ 3 million people. Alberta Children’s Hospital is a free standing Children’s Hospital which opened in 2006 with state-of-the-art technology for family-centered care, research and education. Calgary is vibrant city of over 1.5 million people. It offers a superb quality of life. Calgary is situated near the Rocky Mountains (Banff National Park), and is rapidly emerging as a cosmopolitan, diverse and cultural center with outstanding green spaces, schools and communities. Refer to the Department of Pediatrics website at www.ucalgary.ca/paed for more information about the Department, its faculty, services, and accomplishments.

Qualifications

Candidates must have the following qualifications: MD, Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or equivalent) in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. A minimum of one year additional training in Pediatric Electrophysiology with an accredited program is an asset. Recent work experience and/or training in Pediatric Electrophysiology or cardiac imaging at an academic center within the last 2-3 years is a significant asset. The candidate must be eligible for independent Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.

The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills and proven leadership in working with multiple providers and teams, academic interests and a strong commitment to education and clinical care.


Compensation

Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Recruiter Contact:

Dr. Michael Leaker
Associate Professor and Interim Head
Department of Pediatrics
University of Calgary and Alberta Health Services - Calgary Zone
Alberta Children’s Hospital
28 Oki Drive NW
Calgary, AB T3B 6A8
Phone: 403-955-7802
Fax: 403-955-3065

Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to Michael.Leaker@ahs.ca

In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice.

We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.

More search results