Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with hiking and biking trails, lush orchards, and farmers markets galore! Once the snow flies, explore the winter carnival or strap on your downhill or cross-country skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation around. Vernon’s unique history, diversified economy, and attractive climate offer residents a highly desirable balance of small-town charm combined with the amenities of an urban centre.
Clinic Details — Vernon Jubilee Hospital:
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is a 160 bed acute care hospital serving the growing communities within the North Okanagan region of approximately 80,000 residents. The new 230,000 square foot Polson Tower at VJH is a state-of-the-art facility with leading-edge technology and was built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental design gold standards. This new tower offers a new and expanded Emergency department, Intensive Care and Coronary Care units, new Women’s and Children’s Services department, new operating theatres and medical device reprocessing department. Vernon Jubilee Hospital is also a satellite teaching hospital for the medical program at the University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus. At VJH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination.
Excellent opportunity for Radiologist to join the team at Vernon Jubilee Hospital as we have recently expanded to include MRI! If you are looking to practice with top-of-the line cutting edge technology, Vernon is the place for you. Discover the rewards of career satisfaction where flexibility and balance are important with endless lifestyle opportunities! Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH), an approximately 200-bed community hospital and regional referral centre, is seeking a permanent general diagnostic radiologist to join a group of six radiologists with a mixed hospital and clinic practice. The majority of your work is at Vernon Jubilee Hospital with an additional locum position at Vernon Radiological Associates community clinic.
The Hospital practice includes, high volume multislice CT with our single scanner performing over 18,000 exams per year and plans well underway for a second multislice CT unit. A brand new large MRI suite features a 1.5T Siemens SOLA MRI, one of the first installations in Canada of this state of the art unit. Our site also features a new fluoroscopy multipurpose unit in a large renovated procedure room along with a Digital radiography, Ultrasound, Echocardiography, digital mammography. The clinic practice offers X-ray, ultrasound and bone mineral density examinations. Our procedural requirements are predominantly biopsy and drainage. No vascular intervention.
There is an opportunities for teaching in UBC Medical Program if interested as several of the current radiologists have clinical faculty appointments at UBC.
We welcome locum interest during the recruitment phase- locum to permanent is also an option.
We are excited to add new graduate or experienced radiologists to our team in Vernon.
For those interested, Leadership Development Opportunities are available with Interior Health’s NAVIG8 Program. The NAVIG8 Emerging Physician Leaders Program is a comprehensive leadership development program designed specifically for physicians to address the practical leadership knowledge, behaviours and skills that high potential, emerging medical leaders require to step into leadership roles early in their careers.
Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Strong general radiology skills including X-ray, ultrasound, CT and MRI, mammography including obstetrical and MSK ultrasound
- Strong skills in image guided biopsy and drainage including CT-, ultrasound and fluoroscopy-guided procedures. Skills in percutaneous nephrostomy
- Echocardiography may be available to qualified candidates
- Fellowship training would be an asset, particularly in MSK, intervention, body imaging, MRI, breast imaging, or echocardiography, but is not required
- Hours of work: Full Time
- On call requirements: 1:6
- Payment Structure
- Fee for Service
- Estimated Gross Income
- Additional Incentives
- Relocation assistance $9,000 - $15,000 * Relocation Assistants is applicable for 1.0 FTE positions and is based on move location (with eligible receipts).
- Part-time opportunities may be eligible for a pro-rated reimbursement, please discuss with your IH Medical Staff Recruiter
- *Incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer*