Internal Medicine- General Internist
Aberdeen Hospital (AH) is seeking a full-time locum to permanent general internist to join their team that provides 24/7 in-patient consultation and on call shifts. Aberdeen Hospital (AH), originally founded in 1895 and located in the historic town of New Glasgow, is the regional acute care facility serving residents of Pictou County. Completed in 2017, the emergency department at AH underwent an extensive redevelopment to improve the layout and workflow of the existing space. All rooms are equipped with critical care equipment, and the 25,000 square-foot space features two isolation rooms and specialty rooms including triage rooms and two trauma bays with direct access to the helipad. The Level 2 emergency department provides 24/7 access to emergency services. AH offers a wide range of primary and secondary services through inpatient, outpatient, and community-based services and programs.
- cancer and supportive care
- diagnostic imaging
- emergency medicine
- family medicine
- general surgery
- internal medicine
- maternal and child services
- mental health and addiction services
- nutrition and diabetic counselling
- obstetrics and gynecology
- occupational therapy
- palliative care
- provide hospital and call support (for ICU and Internal Medicine) as required
- provide Most Responsible Physician (MRP) coverage for ICU and monitored beds (telemetry)
- look after Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds in a closed unit
- participate in outpatient care appropriate to specialty
- provide advice and counsel to nearby rural hospitals
- contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
- contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- full-time, part time, locum
- on call requirement
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS) https://cpsns.ns.ca/
- all specialists must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Internal Medicine with Gastroenterology subspecialty or special interest is preferred, but not mandatory
Established in 1835, the historical town of New Glasgow is located Pictou County. Overlooking the banks of the East River of Pictou, New Glasgow is at the centre of the province's fourth largest urban area.
Comprised of the five towns of New Glasgow (location of the Aberdeen Hospital), the County of Pictou, Pictou, Trenton, Stellarton, Westville, and Pictou Landing First Nation, Pictou County is ideally situated along the Northumberland Strait. You’ll find a welcoming community with hard-working and down-to-earth people, enjoying a balanced lifestyle. Just minutes from beautiful beaches, join us and fill your lungs with salty sea air, and enjoy the urban-rural mix that Pictou County has to offer. In your practice, enjoy a collegial atmosphere with access to the tools you need to do your job.
Rich in culture, entertainment, and history, come and build the fast- or slow-paced life you desire in Pictou County.
For more information or to apply, visit More Than Medicine or contact Mindy Leblanc, Physician Recruitment Consultant, Mindy.Leblanc@nshealth.ca
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.