Otolaryngologist - Head & Neck Surgeon – Oakville
Otolaryngologist-Head & Neck Surgeon – Oakville
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a health care culture and environment that embraces inclusion, high performance and flexibility with ‘exemplary patient care, always’ at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve. It’s an exciting time to join Halton Healthcare with the completion of our major redevelopment projects. Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital opened its doors in December 2015, Milton District Hospital completed a significant addition to its clinical space in October 2017, and Georgetown Hospital is developing plans to undertake a significant redevelopment.
We endeavour to recruit individuals who are exceptional in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of compassion, accountability, respect.
We are currently seeking one Otolaryngologist-Head & Neck Surgeons to join our dynamic surgical team at our Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital site.
What we offer:
- A brand new state-of-the-art 457 bed hospital housed in a 1.6 million sq. ft. facility
- Modernized and updated surgical suites
- Team of 6 full time Otolaryngologist-Head & Neck Surgeons
- Access to regular operating room time and ambulatory care resources
- A steady stream of referrals from the Emergency Department, Family Physicians and Specialists
- Affiliation and partnership with McMaster University since 2011 with an option to participate in surgical education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Shared care using a Hospitalist model for inpatient care
- Participation in the funded (HOCC) Otolaryngologist-Head & Neck surgery call group
What we’re looking for:
- Have certification in Otolaryngology Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Advanced fellowship training is an asset
- Proficiency with community level adult and paediatric otolaryngology
- Must have an independent license or be eligible for an independent license in the Province of Ontario
- Must fulfill the roles of the CanMEDS framework
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong track record of working collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary environment
- Proven leadership capability in working with multiple providers, key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Compassionate, reliable, self-directed professional who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with the team
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality, and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you.
Interested individuals should submit a covering letter with your up-to-date resume (including a complete description of previous specialty and subspecialty training and previous working experience) to Dr. Duncan Rozario by May 23, 2022.
Dr. Duncan Rozario, Chief of Surgery, c/o Nelly Javanrouh, Director of Medical Affairs, PhysicianRecruitment@haltonhealthcare.com
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. All appointments are subject to Board approval.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.