Consultant – Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- Department of Health - Western Australia Health
- Subiaco and Murdoch, Western Australia
- MP Year 1-9 AUD$356,655 - AU$454,733 p.a. pro rata
- Job Category
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Job Type
- Practicing physician
Salary: MP Year 1-9 AU$356,655 - AU$454,733 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 10.5% superannuation and applicable allowances)
Location: Subiaco & Murdoch, Western Australia
Work Type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Position No: 00007883
Closing Date: 2022-10-17 4:00 PM (YYYY-MM-DD)
This is a Fixed Term Full Time appointment for 5 years at 80 hours per fortnight.
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and suitably accredited individual to appoint as a Consultant - Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (subspecialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine).
This position is a joint appointment across both the King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH) and the Fiona Stanley Hospital in the provision of Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Services. The successful candidate will provide administrative oversight to the obstetric units between both hospitals and MFM oversight is via KEMH.
In this role, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing sub-specialist services in maternal-fetal medicine (CMFM) and obstetrics (FRANZCOG) (both medical and surgical) to patients.
- Promote patient quality and safety whilst providing leadership, training, supervision and education, where relevant, for doctors in training and other health workers in collaboration with other Consultants and the Head of Department/Unit.
- Work within the scope of clinical practice as defined by the Health Service Credentialing Committee.
Want to know more? We encourage you to contact email Professor Jan Dickinson at mailto:Jan.Dickinson@health.wa.gov.au.
Area Profile: KEMH is a tertiary maternity and gynaecological hospital that delivers first-class health care to women and infants in Western Australia. With dedicated staff providing contemporary evidence-based care, KEMH is the State's only tertiary maternity and gynaecological hospital. Having treated its first patients in 1916, today more than 6000 births take place at the hospital every year. KEMH is WA's only major referral centre for high-risk pregnancies and has a state-of-the-art Special Care Nursery designed to care for premature and sick infants.
KEMH also cares for approximately 5000 women with gynaecological conditions each year, ranging from urological and cancer related problems to sexually transmitted diseases and reproductive disorders.
Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) is a 783-bed tertiary hospital offering a range of health services including the State Rehabilitation Service, a comprehensive cancer centre, purpose-built mental health unit, maternity, paediatric and neonatal services, and the State Adult Burns Service. FSH also delivers specialised services such as heart and lung transplantations and hyperbaric medicine. FSH staff work in a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with the very latest in technology and designed to provide the very best in patient care.
Closing Date: Monday 17 October 2022 at 4.00pm (AWST)
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.