Physician - Occupational Medicine - TELUS Health Care Centres
TELUS Health Care Centres Occupational Health Physician
Who is TELUS Health?
TELUS Health is empowering every person to live their healthiest life. At TELUS Health Care Centres, our team has the medical expertise, experience and know-how to help keep our clients’ employees in top form all along their wellness journey.
Do you share our passion?
You'll have the opportunity to help us protect our clients’ number one asset: their people. We address all aspects of employee wellness with our proactive, preventive approach to health and safety through risk prevention.
Let’s create a healthier future, together
Join our team:
TELUS Health Care Centres is looking for a seasoned occupational health physician to join our dynamic and expanding Occupational Health team at our Bloor Street clinic
You can find out more about our services here: https://www.telus.com/en/health/care-centres/occupational-health
The successful candidate will be a passionate and empathetic individual who believes in the highest quality client-first care.
- As part of the team of dedicated health and wellness professionals you’ll be responsible for the provision of pre-employment health assessments & thorough medical exams to clients’ employees seen in the clinic. You will complete the assessments through detailed reports. Areas of focus include: screening and testing, health surveillance, travel and immigration medicals and injury prevention.
- Ability to take initiative and foster a preventive care mindset; continually look for opportunities to improve health outcomes and and maintain a healthy team for our industry clients.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- You are a seasoned medical practitioner with a minimum 5 years of work experience in a physician role, familiar with the risks and work demands of industrial and manufacturing operations, hazardous work environments and safety sensitive work
- You are interested in helping reduce the risk of injury, improving safety standards and setting client employees up for success.
- You are a physician licensed to practice in the province of Ontario
- You maintain medical liability insurance coverage through Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- You are comfortable with using an EMR for communications and care, as well as associated workplace technology
- You believe in and practice team-based care, capable of interacting professionally with a broader care team (nurses, kinesiologists, dieticians) as well as with clients with a positive & empathetic attitude
- You embody adaptability and flexibility to ensure highest level of service for team and clients
- You are a compelling communicator: clear, concise and influential in all aspects of communication
- You are a lifelong learner: interested in quality improvement and continually growing personal capabilities
What’s in it for you
- Enjoy a great work-life balance
- Generous allotment of time for each client, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
- Part of a community of best-in-class physicians. Learn, grow and thrive in this amazing national network right at your fingertips
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
We believe in the power of prevention, early detection and timely intervention. This is why we work with every client to develop personalized health and wellness plans that help deliver the best possible healthcare outcomes. From periodic health assessments to ongoing care programs, our collaborative approach ensures that clients get quality care every step of the way.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.