Physician, Emergency department
Summer ED Opportunities: $250-$319/hour
Full Time (1), Part Time, or locum opportunities available
- Rural ED with 24,000-30,000 visits/year (busier in summer with cottagers)
- MD support: in-house internists, gen surg, anaesthesia, nephrology, local back up ED physician
- Staff support: nursing, 24/7 lab, social work, geriatric nurse assessor, nurse manager
- X-Ray, bedside ultrasound, CT, interventional rads for procedures
- Just 45 min west of Ottawa/Complimentary accommodation available
- Modern EMR (EPIC) – full training provided
- Tertiary care available via air/land: TOH 45 min east, CHEO 1h east
- For a full job description or to apply, visit https://hfojobs.healthforceontario.ca/en/posting/99824/
We are looking for:
- CCFP, CCFP(EM) or FRCP(C) (EM)
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS
- Independently licensed to practice medicine in Ontario
- ED Mentorship Program Available!
Summer Compensation: $250-$319/hour + shadow billing
- Eligible for federal Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Supervision may be available for the right candidate
For more information or to apply, send CV to Patti Dillabough firstname.lastname@example.org 613-432-4851 Ext 263
Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.
The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics. Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa
Collegiality amongst physicians, nurses, administration and staff make the Renfrew Victoria Hospital a wonderful place to work. Renfrew and the surrounding communities offer a beautiful and affordable rural life style within a 45 minute drive to Ottawa.