Emergency Physicians – Uxbridge Hospital
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario’s leading community health systems providing high quality, patient-centred care to more than 474,000 patients each year at three locations: Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH), Uxbridge Hospital (UXB), and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC). We are proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team. Our staff, physicians and volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to our communities.
The Uxbridge Hospital currently operates a 22 bed facility with an active Emergency Department as well as an extensive outpatient program and diagnostic services. The collegial medical community currently consists of a mix of CCFP, CCFP(EM) and FRCPC doctors who variably participate in emergency room, inpatient care, family medicine and local walk-in-clinics. Continuing medical education is a strong focus of physicians, nursing and allied health professionals in Uxbridge with particular attention to advanced rural skills.
We are currently seeking Emergency Physicians to provide emergency services in a single coverage ER. Local support is strong for urgent situations. Each day has three 8 hour shifts. There are a variety of clinical situations – Typically CTAS 3 & 4, with 1 or 2 CTAS 1 & 2 per day. Compensation is an hourly rate of $132-$142 per hour (week vs. weekend rates) with a percentage of OHIP Billings. There are also $50/hr top ups for summer weekends and holidays. Short and long-term opportunities are available.
- An independent license from the College of Physicians and Surgeon of Ontario (CPSO) to practice as an Emergency Physician
- Certification with the College of Family Physician Canada (CFPC), Emergency Medicine (EM) training preferred OR Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC), Emergency Medicine.
- Demonstrated clinical experience, expertise and knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, communication, organizational, team building and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
Interested and qualified physicians are encouraged to submit an expression of interest and current Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible with an expected start date of July 2022. Submissions can be sent to:
Dr. Carlye Jensen
Chief Uxbridge Hospital
Oak Valley Health thanks all qualified physicians for their submissions however only selected candidates who qualify will be contacted to attend a pre-application interview. All appointments are subject to an Impact Analysis and Board approval. The hospital reserves the right not to appoint anyone to this position.