Renascent, accredited leader in addiction and mental health treatment, is building its medical team, and has a part-time opportunity for an Addiction Medicine Physician at Renascent’s Whitby, Ontario, site. Opportunity: Fee-for Service, plus stipend; on-site office space provided.
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diverse treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a physician with experience in addiction and mental health treatment, you will have an integral role in the delivery of Renascent’s comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs. The individual will contribute to the truly remarkable therapeutic environment at Renascent, founded in compassion and behavioural, social, spiritual and medical best practices.
- Providing trauma informed, recovery supportive addiction medicine care to substance use disorder clients in inpatient treatment.
- Applying evidence based medical interventions including withdrawal management protocols, opioid agonist therapy and other medication management to meet the needs of clients with varied presentation of substance use disorder and concurrent mental health challenges.
- Provide basic primary care in order to bridge patient stay in inpatient care.
- Support stabilization of client mental health through evidence-based interventions and/or referral to psychiatric specific medical care.
- Membership with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Canadian Medical Protective Association.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in addiction treatment and medical practice.
Submitting an Application:
If this sounds like you, submit your cover letter and resume on or before July 13th, 2022 to email@example.com.
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.renascent.ca.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.