- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is expanding its Hospitalist program. Features of the program include:
- Attractive working hours
- On Call coverage max 1 in 5
- Excellent compensation package plus generous vacation
- A caseload around 17 acute patients
- An opportunity to engage in, influence, and improve patient processes
The ideal candidates will:
- Be either Family Medicine (CCFP) or Internal Medicine (FRCPC) trained
- Be eligible for an independent license with the CPSO
- Canadian Permanent Residency or be a Canadian citizen
- Possess exceptional interpersonal & collaborative skills, be dedicated to service excellence, and a strong team player.
Participation in training of residents/medical students is also desirable.
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- A broad range of diagnostic services, including CT and MRI
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery not available)
- 14 bed closed state of the art closed Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Telemetry Unit
- 27 bed inpatient Schedule 1 Psychiatric Unit & ED crisis nurse available
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed l Education Network
We are committed to improving the patient experience using engagement, Lean, and innovation.
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the top 50 hospitals in Canada for the past four years.
Practicing at Bluewater Health from a physician perspective: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Mike Haddad
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health
519-464-4400 ext. 4534