Brockville General Hospital (BGH) is a 160-bed community hospital, serving a referral area of 125,000. BGH offers full acute care services in addition to complex medical management, rehabilitation and palliative care.
The City of Brockville (pop. 22,000) is located 85 km east of Kingston, Ontario, in the beautiful Thousand Islands region. The perfect place to practise and play.
- Hospital based consultative practice.
- Fee for service with daily minimum stipend.
- Provision of clinical support for the Emergency Department, Hospitalist program and Primary Care providers in the community.
- Opportunity to participate in ICU rotation.
- Opportunity to develop specialty out-patient clinics.
- Opportunity for academic appointment /participation in post graduate education (Queen’s University affiliate).
Hospital Resources / Volume of Service
- 4000+ Admissions annually.
- 30,000 ER visits annually.
- 10-Bed Level III closed Model ICU, 750+ admissions annually.
- Stress testing / Cardiac Echo / PFT Lab / Stroke Prevention & Cardiac Rehab programs.
- CT / MRI to be installed in the coming year.
- Tertiary care services 1 hour away in Kingston and Ottawa.
- FRCPC (Internal Medicine) with or without subspecialty.
- Independent registration (eligible for) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
- ICU experience an asset.
- English language proficiency.
Carlene, MacDonald, Physician Recruiter