The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) Division of Hematology
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The University of Ottawa Department of Medicine and Division of Hematology are seeking general internists and family physician hospitalists to provide clinical services as Nocturnal Hospitalists “Nocturnalists” for Acute Hematology Inpatients at the General Campus.
The Ottawa Hospital is at the forefront of health care in Canada, with a focus on exceptional patient care and practice-changing research. TOH offers opportunities for expanding clinical skills, research, teaching, and an unparalleled work-life balance in a supportive clinical environment.
The 40 faculty members in The Division of Hematology work within well-defined and integrated clinical and research groups, with a variety of academic pursuits in Malignant Hematology, Benign Hematology and Thrombosis. We have a 40 to 50 bed in-patient unit located at the General Campus of the Ottawa Hospital for patients with malignant hematology or benign hematology requiring hospitalization (e.g., febrile neutropenia, stem cell transplantation, sickle cell crisis, etc.).
The successful applicants will demonstrate a passion for excellent patient care and possess great interdisciplinary collaboration skills. We will provide training in the clinical care of benign and malignant hematology patients and offer opportunities for further professional development.
We are currently hiring for August 2022 with ongoing recruitment thereafter.
- The Ottawa Hospital General campus – approximately 40-50 Hematology beds admitted over 4 teams
- Malignant and benign hematology patients
- EPIC EMR – full training provided
The Ideal Nocturnal Hospitalist candidates will:
- Be either Family Medicine (CCFP) or Internal Medicine (FRCPC) trained
- Have acute care hospitalist experience
- Experience with Hematology inpatients would be an asset
- Have excellent English language communication skills; French is an asset
- Be eligible for an independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Be registered in good standing with the CMPA
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Requested minimum of 4 shifts per month with flexible arrangements available
- Hours of responsibility: 5pm until 8am
- On-site requirement as indicated by patient needs, with possibility of home call
- Workload: Nocturnal coverage for approximately 40-50 inpatients for active medical issues and overnight admissions
- Very competitive stipend per shift + Fee-For-Service Billings
- No overhead cost, all billed services retained by the provide:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application including an up-to-date CV with three references to:
Dr. Marc Carrier, Division Head of Hematology
c/o Ms. Catherine McSheffery via:
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 613-739-6102
Tel: 613-737-8899, ext 73034