Acute Hospitalist Medicine
- William Osler Health System
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
Full and part-time Hospitalist positions are available in the Department of Medicine.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a large group of dedicated Hospitalists at the Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital sites and be well-supported by:
- A collaborative team of specialists and allied health professionals
- Access to advanced diagnostic services and minimally invasive therapeutics in radiology and surgery
- Flexible scheduling without overnight on-call duties
- Remuneration by stipend and fee-for-service as set by the OHIP Schedule of Benefits and Fees
- Acute management of medical in-patients, from admission through to transition from hospital
- Care coordination for diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans
- Communication with the multidisciplinary team
- Discussion of goals of care with patients and families
- Active involvement in hospital quality improvement initiatives
- Clear handover at transitions of care
We are seeking family physicians or general internists with skills and passion for acute care in-patient medicine. Fellowship training or experience in Hospital Medicine is an asset. Applicants must be licensed to practice in Ontario and have certification in Family Medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada or hold fellowship in Internal Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
William Osler Health System (Osler), located 40 minutes from downtown Toronto, is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest growing and most culturally diverse regions in Ontario. Recently achieving Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are committed to bringing patient-centred health care to the forefront, using innovation, compassion, and a safety-first mindset in our delivery of care. Learn more about who we are.
Osler is an affiliated academic community teaching site for the Family Medicine program at McMaster University Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine. We also look forward to becoming an academic health centre in partnership with the Toronto Metropolitan University.
Submit your expression of interest to:
Attention: Dr. David Borts, Corporate Chief of Medicine
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the Medical Staff Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.