ED PHYSICIAN/ED SERVICE LEAD OPPORTUNITY
- Lake of the Woods District Hospital
- Kenora, Ontario
- Job Category
- Emergency Medicine, Leadership
- Job Type
- Practicing physician
ED PHYSICIAN/SERVICE LEAD OPPORTUNITY
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is the second largest healthcare site in the Northwest region and serves an immediate and catchment area population of almost 30, 000, more than doubling in the summer months!
We are looking for a Emergency Room Physician/Service Lead to join our team for a 6-12 month maternity leave with potential to stay on in a permanent or locum capacity. If you have been considering a leadership position, this could be a great opportunity for you to try out the role before making a permanent commitment!
Our Emergency Department:
- 12-bed ED with standard equipment including slit lamp & casting room, two fully equipped resuscitation rooms with ED ultrasound and difficult airway equipment, RCCR direct connect to TBRHSC
- Single physician shift coverage (0800-1600, 1600-2300, 2300-0800), fulltime PA and 24hr ER backup physician
- On-call (on-site) support 24/7: General Surgery, FP-Anesthetist, Internist, Radiologist/DI/ultrasound/xray, Lab, Pathologist, Respiratory Therapy, Psychiatrist, Social workers, hospitalist, Obstetrics
- Average 20,000 annual visits, high acuity, and interesting pathology!
- Independent CPSO (or the ability to apply) CCFP, CCFP-EM or FRCP-EM specialty
- CMPA (ON)
- OHIP Billing number and WSIB Billing number registration
Expectations and Remuneration:
- ED shifts: flexible 6-12 ED shifts/month (8-hr shifts), plus 2-3 ED backup on-call shifts (24hrs on-call); hourly rate plus OHIP shadow billings
- Service Lead: approx. 6 days/60hrs per month; hourly rate (above ED shift rate)
- Mentorship provided
- 66-bed full-service community teaching hospital
- 4-bed level 2 ICU with on-site General Internists (Rapid assessment clinic & outpatient IM clinic)
- 3-bay OR with 3 General Surgeons, 3 FPAs
- Tele-medicine and Visiting Specialist outpatient clinics (Neurology, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Gynecology, Ophthalmology)
- 14-bed schedule-1 facility with on-site Psychiatrists
- Rehab department with PT, OT, SLP inpatient and outpatient services including fracture clinic
- On-site helipad for 24/7 patient transport via ORNGE (local Kenora base)
Welcome to Kenora where it is easy to find your work-life balance in a community rich in culture and activities both indoor and out! Mino-bimaadiziwin (the good life). We are located on the Western edge of Ontario in Treaty #3 territory on the Northern shores of beautiful Lake of the Woods, just 2hours from Winnipeg. Kenora is a diverse and bustling community offering all of the big city amenities while maintaining the small-town charm that you really can only find in Northwestern Ontario.
Our physicians and inter-professional staff all work to their full-scope of practice in a collegial team-based approach to care. We are affiliated with the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and are a proud teaching site for medical students, residents, and a variety of interprofessional learners.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at: anhp.net/Kenora-area-physician-recruitment/
More search results
Adult Psychiatrist or a Child & Adolescent Psychi…
Family Physicians, OBGYN, Psychiatrist, Paediatri…
Marlborough Medical Clinic
Toronto FHO - One Remaining Permanent Position in…
Vivo Family Medicine
Uni-Doc Health Corp.
Academic Psychiatrist – Child and Youth Psychiatr…
CAMH - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health