Royal Columbian Hospital
Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre
The Fraser Health Mental Health & Substance Use Program is seeking an Adult Psychiatrist.
- Providing psychiatric assessments and management of adult inpatients (the new Royal Columbian Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre is now open)
- Equivalent of 2.5 days per week – inpatient
- Equivalent of 2.5 days per week – community mental health team
- Participation in the Royal Columbian Hospital psychiatry on-call rota
- Participation in the Royal Columbian Hospital ECT rota
- Participation in the educational program for undergraduate and postgraduate trainees.
Facility: Royal Columbian Hospital
Royal Columbian Hospital is a provincial referral hospital (stroke/cardiac/trauma/neurosurgery) located in New Westminster, BC, with 440 acute beds and is a University of British Columbia affiliated teaching hospital. It offers medical, surgical, advanced and interventional diagnostics and imaging, critical care, inpatient pediatrics, obstetrics, outpatient clinics, neonatology, cardiac surgery, neurosciences, with about 78,271 visits annually.
The Royal Columbian Hospital redevelopment is a multi-year, multi-phase project to increase the hospital's capacity, beds and services. Phase one is complete and includes a new 75-bed mental health and substance use wellness centre with more outpatient clinics. Phase two has been approved and adds an acute care tower with more beds for intensive care, cardiac intensive care, obstetrics, medical and surgical beds and a new larger emergency department.
Full/Part Time/Locum/Temporary: Full Time
- FRCPC Eligible
- CPSBC Full
- CPSBC Provisional
- CPSBC Eligible for Full License
- Combination of Alternative Payment Plan & Fee For Service