The Department of Mental Health and Substance Use is seeking a psychiatrist to work with our Geriatric Mental Health Teams in the Abbotsford and Maple Ridge communities.
The role is as follows:
1. 1-2 days with the Mental Health Team in Abbotsford:
2. One day in Geri Psych Consultation Liaison in Abbotsford Regional Hospital(ARH)
3. 1 ½ days work at Maple Ridge Hospital Geri Psych Consultation Liaison team
4. On call rota and ECT at ARH
5. Possibility of inpatient work at ARH seniors clinic.
Participation in the on-call and ECT rota is mandatory.
This is an exciting opportunity for psychiatrists to join a multidisciplinary team to support complex, marginalized individuals with significant mental health issues. The physician will provide consultations to patients both in the Abbotsford and Maple Ridge communities and will receive ongoing mentorship and support from Fraser Health physicians.
Facilities: Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre is a 302 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 77,032 visits annually.
Emergency Department Renovation and Redesign Project
The hospital recently underwent a renovation and redesign of its Emergency Department that now includes a dedicated area for mental health and substance use care, a new nursing substation, and a relocated ambulance bay, among other features, to help improve patient flow and experience.
Full/Part Time/Locum/Temporary: Part Time | Full Time
- FRCPC Eligible
- CPSBC Full
- CPSBC Provisional
- CPSBC Eligible for Full License
- Combination of Alternative Payment Plan & Fee For Service