Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is accepting applications for a medical oncologist to join the expanding Oncology program. The oncologist will join a team of two medical oncologists, a general practitioner -oncology, a drug access pharmacist, and a dedicated oncology nursing staff in delivering a broad spectrum of adult oncology care. Remuneration is based on an alternate funding arrangement.
Local oncology and palliative care resources include:
- Diagnostic Assessment and systemic therapies for breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, and some hematological malignancies such as lymphoma, multiple myeloma & CLL
- A Patient Navigator, oncology pharmacist, and outpatient oncology pharmacy
- An excellent local palliative care team
- 6500 treatments per year
- Excellent specialist support available (including General Surgery, Bronchoscopy service, Urology, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, advanced Radiology capabilities with MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
- Affiliation with the London and Windsor Regional Cancer Programs including weekly disease specific site tumor board presentations
The ideal candidate will have:
- FRCPC in Internal Medicine and Eligibility to take the Royal College exams in Medical Oncology with a commitment to obtain the Subspecialty certification in Medical Oncology
- An independent license with the CPSO
- Interest or experience in lymphoma and multiple myeloma would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills, dedicated to service excellence, and a strong team player.
- Participation in training of residents/medical students is also desirable.
- Canadian Permanent Residency or be a Canadian citizen
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
• A broad range of diagnostic services, including CT and MRI.
• Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery not available)
• Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
• Affiliated with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
• Collegial Medical staff community
For the fourth year in a row, Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada.
We are committed to improving the patient experience using engagement, Lean, and innovation.
Practicing at Bluewater Health from a physician perspective: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Michel Haddad, Chief of Staff
Phone: 519-464-4400 ext 4534