LEARNING. LEADERSHIP. LIFESTYLE
It's all right here. Lakeridge Health has everything you seek - in your career and beyond. As one of Ontario's largest hospital networks, home of the dedicated cancer centre for the Central East, and based in the Greater Toronto Area, we foster a culture that promotes career advancement, learning opportunities, and great quality of life – all in close proximity to Toronto. Through our five hospital sites, Ajax-Pickering, Bowmanville, Oshawa, Port Perry, and Whitby, we provide a broad range of healthcare services to a diverse population, with a focus on achieving excellence. One System. Best Health.
Lakeridge Health is one of Ontario’s largest providers of Mental Health and Substance Use services, and is currently inviting applications for Full-time Adult Psychiatrists to join our team of patient-focused professionals in building a well-integrated system of care in the fastgrowing Durham Region. Following the recent integration with Durham Mental Health Services, and the implementation of the Epic Clinical Information System platform - providing an integrated health record - Lakeridge Health is at an important step in providing the highest quality of care for patients in the Durham Region.
These positions offer the following opportunities:
- Building on our recent integration with Durham Mental Health Services, share in tremendous opportunities in all forms of psychiatry practice in acute and community settings, including specialty services in substance use, eating disorders, early psychosis, and ACTT
- Provide services across two acute care sites and in over 20 community locations, including Pinewood Addiction Services
- Join a team with a strong commitment to quality, and experience the benefits of measurement-based care, additionally enabled through Epic
- Share your knowledge and experience to help develop new psychiatrists through teaching opportunities with the Lakeridge Health partnership with Queen’s University
- Grow as a physician and a leader through continuous professional development and various Medical Leadership Positions
- Enhance scientific research within psychiatry supported by LH’s well established research department
- Collaborate and share in innovative care delivery through in an interprofessional team setting
Lakeridge Health is seeking candidates at all career levels with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to interprofessional teamwork and collaboration.
Application closing date: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send a brief cover letter, CV, and contact information for three referees to:
Attn: Dr. Kevin Chopra
Department Chief & Medical Director, Psychiatry
Email to: email@example.com
Tel: 905-576-8711 x33720
We are deliberate and self-reflective about the culture we want to foster, as we work towards building an equitable workforce with people from different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds. We especially welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups including persons from indigenous communities; diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds; diverse sexual orientations and gender identities; and persons with disabilities. We are committed to build and sustain an inclusive work environment for all members of Lakeridge Health Community.