Hospitalists - Full Time/Permanent
- Brockville General Hospital
- Brockville, ON
- Job Category
Hospitalists - Full Time/ Permanent
Brockville General Hospital is looking for enthusiastic physicians to join our expanding Hospitalist program. Features of the program and the permanent Hospitalist role include:
- Attractive working hours.
- On-call coverage, max. 1 in 3.
- Competitive daily income guarantee of $1650/day + FFS billing when on-call.
- Caseload of 14-18 acute patients.
- Opportunities to influence and improve patient processes.
- Duties include: daily rounds, attending multidisciplinary meetings, and consultations to the ER.
The ideal Hospitalist candidate will:
- Be either Family Medicine (CCFP) or Internal Medicine (FRCPC) trained, with a minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- Be eligible for an independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team player
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Have an interest in participating in post graduate education.
The city of Brockville, Ontario (pop. 22,000) is located one hour from Kingston/ Ottawa, on the St. Lawrence River, in the beautiful 1000 Islands region.
Brockville General Hospital (BGH) is an accredited 160 bed community hospital, serving a regional population of 125,000. BGH offers an array of specialized acute, rehab, palliative and complex medical management care, with strong allied health support and ambulatory care services.
- Digital diagnostic services including 24/7 CT and MRI in 2023.
- Strong specialist support.
- 10 bed, level III, closed Intensive Care Unit.
- A new (2020) rehabilitation and complex care building, which includes a 10-bed Palliative Care Unit and a cutting-edge Integrated Stroke Unit.
- 24-bed Schedule 1, Adult Mental Health Unit with Crisis Team support.
- Affiliation with Queen’s University Family Medicine residency program.
Interested candidates may send their CV to:
Carlene MacDonald, Physician Recruiter 613 285 5057 mobile