- The Ottawa Hospital
- Ottawa, ON
- Job Category
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) Division of General Internal Medicine
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) is seeking family physician hospitalists and general internists to provide clinical services for Acute Medical Inpatients.
TOH is at the forefront of health care in Canada, with a focus on exceptional patient care and practice-changing research. The Acute Medicine Hospitalist Program offers opportunities for expanding clinical skills, continuing professional development, research, and an unparalleled work-life balance in a supportive clinical environment. Our program also features a Mentorship program for interested family physicians and offers flexible arrangements to fit hospitalist medicine into outpatient practices.
Our program is expanding and we are currently hiring for July 2023.
- The Ottawa Hospital – General Campus.
- EPIC EMR – full training provided
The Ideal Hospitalist candidate will:
- Strive for excellent patient care
- Possess great interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- Be either Internal Medicine (FRCPC) or Family Medicine (CCFP) trained
- Have acute care hospitalist experience
- Have excellent English language communication skills; French would be an asset
- Be eligible for an independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Be registered in good standing with the CMPA
- Provide inpatient care for Acute Medical Inpatients (this is not a subacute or ALC service)
- Workload: approximately 15 patients per physician
- 7-day rotation
- Call requirements: 2-3 nights on-call per month
- Call coverage will focus on overnight issues on 45 inpatients but may include admissions from the ED
- Targeting one seven-day rotation per month of coverage per hospitalist, however flexible arrangements are available