Locum Part-Time Hospitalist
Department of Medicine, Division of Physical Medical & Rehabilitation (PMR)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Department of Medicine, Division of PMR is seeking a family physician or general internist to provide clinical services as a Locum Part-Time Hospitalist from May to December, 2023 at The Ottawa Hospital Rehabilitation Center (TOHRC).
TOHRC is a world-class Rehabilitation Center that provides care for a range of patients including Neurospinal, Brain Injury, Complex Orthopedic, Respiratory, Amputee, and Short-Term Rehabilitation patients.
The Hospitalist team includes 5 physicians providing care for this subacute population, covering approximately 67 beds. This part-time position is compatible with an outpatient practice or other clinical activities.
We are hiring one (1) locum position from May to December, 2023.
- • The Ottawa Hospital - General campus – The Rehabilitation Center
- • EPIC EMR – full training provided
The Ideal Hospitalist candidate will:
- • Strive for excellent patient care
- • Possess great interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- • Be either Family Medicine (CCFP) or Internal Medicine (FRCPC) trained
- • Have acute or subacute hospitalist experience
- • Have excellent English language communication skills; French would be an asset
- • Possess an independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- • Be registered in good standing with the CMPA
- • Part-time workload approximately 8-16 subacute patients (about a half-day of work)
- • Round daily Monday to Friday
- • Rotation is 3 weeks on, 1 week off
- • No evening, on-call, weekend, or holiday coverage required
- • Fee-For-Service Billings (Hospitalist is billing as MRP with acute care “C” codes)
- • No overhead cost, all billed services retained by the provider