Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is accepting applications for a second Respirologist to join the Medicine Department.
Services available to support a Respirologist include:
- Bronchoscopy suite, pulmonary function testing
- Transesophageal echocardiography, Rapid Chest pain assessment clinic
- District Stroke Centre
- Local oncology and palliative care services
- Medicine Telemetry Unit
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Fellowship in Respirology with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
- Eligible for Independent license by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Residency or a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
- Active interest in training of residents/medical students
Remuneration is fee for service.
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- Closed 14 bed Critical Care Unit
- Broad range of diagnostic services including CT, MRI, Echo, Ultrasound
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery & interventional cardiology not available)
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada for four years in a row.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
If interested, please send CV and references to:
Mike Haddad, MD, FRCSC, CCPE
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health, email@example.com,
519-464-4400 ext. 4534.