Hospitalist, Full-time/Permanent - Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) seeks Internal Medicine Hospitalists to join its expanding Hospital Medicine Program at the Juravinski Hospital. Program features include:
- Attractive working hours with weekend cross-coverage
- Full-time equivalent is 20-24 weeks/year and a max of 4 calls/month
- Caseload of 18-22 patients
- Compensation includes a daily stipend plus fee for service billing
- Opportunity to work with physician assistants and medical learners
- Opportunity to engage in patient safety and quality improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will:
- Be Internal Medicine (FRCPC) trained (we offer CPSO supervision pathway for US-trained internists)
- Be eligible for independent license with the CPSO
- Hold Canadian Medical Protection Association coverage or hold other professional practice liability coverage appropriate to the scope and nature of the Services
- Be comfortable rounding on acute medicine patients and working with a multidisciplinary team to create safe patient discharge plans
- Have Canadian citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team player
Why you should work at the Juravinski Hospital within HHS:
- Complete integration of all clinical services with state-of-the-art EPIC EMR
- HHS is Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, with >1100 inpatient beds
- Hospitalists will have access to all medical and surgical subspecialty services 24/7
- Robust in house overnight support including critical care support and Radiology
- Career growth opportunities include affiliation with McMaster University and ability to supervise resident learners.
- Hamilton is a growing and vibrant city with many waterfalls and trails. It is located 1 hour from the GTA and Niagara region
Anticipated Start Date is July 2023
About the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre
The Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, located on Hamilton’s beautiful mountain brow, is home to one of Ontario's largest and most comprehensive Regional Cancer Programs. It offers diverse patient care services, including a comprehensive emergency department, medical and intensive care services, surgery oncology, hematology-oncology, stem cell transplants, orthopedics, arthroplasty, rehabilitation, and diagnostics. It serves a population of more than 2.3 million people
Interested applicants please submit your applications to:
Medical Affairs: Michelle Coughlan, Hospitalist Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) fosters a culture of patient and staff/physician safety, whereby everyone is guided by our Mission, Vision, Values and Values Based Code of Conduct. HHS is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Tanya Roglich for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Michelle Coughlan when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be considered first for this position. To comply with the Government of Canada’s reporting requirements, the University is obliged to gather information about applicants’ status as either Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or current citizenship; however, all applications must include one of the following statements: “Yes, I am a citizen or permanent resident of Canada” or “No, I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada”.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Deadline date for receipt of applications is May 31, 2023
A teaching hospital affiliated with the Faculty Health Sciences, McMaster University