Medical Oncologist – Markham Stouffville Hospital
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario’s leading community health systems providing high quality, patient-centred care to more than 474,000 patients each year at three locations: Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH), Uxbridge Hospital (UXB), and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC). We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services and are proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team. Our staff, physicians and volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to our communities.
We are currently seeking a full-time, 1.0 APP funded, medical oncologist to join our existing group of four medical oncologists, two hematologists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, a drug navigator, social workers and dieticians. The position will be split between MSH (80%) and Princess Margaret Hospital (20%) and is expected to start on April 1st 2023. Responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- The treatment and management of patients with a variety of cancer diagnoses in a clinic, office, and hospital setting with a predominant focus on solid tumour oncology (breast, GU, GI, Gyne)
- Performing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures such as thoracentesis and paracentesis as required. (Interventional radiology assistance is available when needed)
- Participation on multidisciplinary tumour boards
- Shared on-call, which includes: seeing new oncology referrals for patients admitted to hospital or the emergency department, support to patients admitted to Oak Valley Health including virtual consultation to Uxbridge Hospital. (There is no responsibility or expectation to do Internal Medicine call)
- Support the academic mandate which includes the training of family medicine, medical oncology trainees and many other professions, as well as actively expanding its research program including open phase 3 clinical trials
We share care with tertiary care facilities and regional cancer centers offering radiation. In addition, our team is supported by highly motivated and skilled sub-specialists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, nurses, and allied health professionals, as well as a dedicated outpatient palliative care clinic and community palliative care team.
- An independent license or eligibility for an independent license from the College of Physicians and Surgeon of Ontario
- Medical Oncology subspecialty certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent qualifications
Interested and qualified physicians are encouraged to submit an expression of interest and current Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible with an expected start date of April 1st 2023. Submissions can be sent to:
Dr. Anand Doobay, Chief of Medicine, care of:
Trevor Whyte, Manager, Medical Administration
T: 416.721.2894 | E: email@example.com
Oak Valley Health thanks all qualified physicians for their submissions however only selected candidates who qualify will be contacted to attend a pre-application interview. All appointments are subject to an Impact Analysis and Board approval. The hospital reserves the right not to appoint anyone to this position.