Physicians Seeking CPSO Pathway A Support
- Trillium Health Partners
- Mississauga, ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
MEDICINE PROGRAM POSTING
ONE YEAR POSITION FOR PHYSICIANS SEEKING CPSO PATHWAY A SUPPORT
Division of General Internal Medicine/Hospital Medicine Service Medicine Program
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community-based academic health network in Ontario serving over one million residents in the communities of Mississauga, Peel Region and West Toronto. The hospital encompasses three (3) main sites – Credit Valley Hospital (CVH), Mississauga Hospital (MH), and Queensway Health Centre (QHC) – offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based specialized programs including the Peel Regional Cancer Centre.
The Division of General Internal Medicine/Hospital Medicine Service is comprised of a dedicated group of General Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians (with extended training and experience in Hospital Medicine) working at all three (3) sites.
Currently, the CPSO offers two alternative pathways for physicians looking to gain licensure in the province of Ontario but who are applying outside of our regular registration requirements. Pathway A is one such alternative pathway allowing a minimum of one year of supervised practice in Ontario. To qualify for Pathway A, the CPSO requires key eligibility criteria as outlined on their website including but not limited to being certified by a US Specialty Board or successfully completing the US Medical Licensing Examinations:
As such, we are currently looking to recruit General Internists who are seeking a transition back to independent practice in Ontario via CPSO Pathway A.
Clinical Supervision Supports
- Hospital-assigned coaching and mentoring support through a team-based approach to clinical supervision;
- Regular review of clinical practice and patient charts to assess and report on the quality of documentation and care as per CPSO expectations;
- Invitation to attend Department of Medicine Rounds and Hospital Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Rounds; and
- Hospital Support with CPSO licensure application process
The GIM Division and Hospital Medicine Service are responsible for providing a wide range of services including:
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Providing patient care coverage as required by the Program to support the Program’s model of care and patient care needs which may include both inpatient and outpatient care, MRP responsibilities and/or admitting privileges including but not limited to:
- General Internists serving as most responsible physicians (MRP) for the GIM/Hospital Medicine patients on the units;
- Participation in General Internal Medicine call for the Emergency Departments;
- Providing general medicine consultations for inpatients referred from other programs and services
- Providing, as required, additional general medicine consultations services through the Medicine clinics and from other THP Clinics or from the community, including pre-operative assessments;
- Participation in unplanned care within the Medicine Program which may include Internal Medicine coverage in the Emergency Department (i.e. Internist-A call), or additional most responsible physician (MRP) coverage for Medicine inpatients on weekends and holidays; and
- Providing additional patient care and operational support as required by the Medicine program;
- Successful candidates will be expected to serve as role models, promoting the highest standards of clinical practice and professional conduct;
- All candidates must be licensed to practice in Ontario as per eligibility criteria as a CPSO Pathway A supervisee with a route to a certificate of registration to practice medicine independently, limited to scope of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to team-based and inter-professional care are essential.
- Interested candidates are requested to reply no later than February 3, 2023 with a brief letter of interest to:
Dr. Dhanjit Litt
Chief & Medical Director, Medicine Program
c/o: Sean Sia, [email protected]