Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled
Req ID: 27269
Job Category: Faculty – Clinical
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Languages Used: English
Hospital Affiliation: Centre for Addiction & Mental Health, 80 Workman Way, Toronto, M6J 1H4
Dept of Psychiatry, 250 College Street, 8th floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8
University Affiliation – Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry
CAMH is Canada’s premier addiction and mental health facility and a world leader in the diagnosis and care of patients with addiction and mental disorders, offering a wide spectrum of care, from treatment for first episode to care for the severely and persistently mentally ill. It is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, the largest and most prestigious research-intensive university in Canada. The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)’s Department of Psychiatry is seeking a psychiatrist to fill a position as Academic Psychiatrist in its Child, Youth and Family (CYFS) Division to provide care to youth with acute mental illness, including concurrent substance use disorders. Duties include clinical evaluation and treatment of inpatients, generally ages 16-24 years, and occasionally up to 29 years of age. The incumbent will be involved in teaching and supervision of medical students, psychiatry residents and fellows.
This recruitment is being conducted in conjunction with the Department of Psychiatry, Temerty Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto where the successful candidate will also hold an academic appointment as Clinician Teacher. The successful candidate must be eligible for a full-time clinical academic appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor at the University of Toronto. Start date will be mutually agreed upon.
The successful applicant must possess a MD Degree and be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. The position requires an individual who has a sub-specialty certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Candidates should also be eligible for an academic appointment in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be engaged in the following duties:
• Clinical care delivery in the inpatient and outpatient programs in CYFS and to demonstrate clinical leadership in matters relating to patient care;
• Carry out other responsibilities including audit, external quality assessment and administration as directed by the Chief of CYFS.
• Participate in clinical research within the framework of the current clinical service structures to advance the expertise of the treatments and services available to patients;
• Engage in academic activity commensurate with their appointment in the areas of teaching, research and creative professional practice.
• Participate in teaching of undergraduate medical students and post-graduate residents in psychiatry and child and youth psychiatry as part of the Dept of Psychiatry, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto.
• Carry out from time to time, duties on behalf of CAMH and the University of Toronto and to represent both on appropriate provincial, national and international advisory boards and professional bodies
Other Benefits includes:
• Learning/training paid by employer
• On-site amenities
• On-site daycare available
• On-site recreation and activities
• Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
• Team building opportunities
• Parking available
• Wellness program
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately, the opportunity will remain opened until it has been filled. Should you be interested in this opportunity, please forward a one-page statement of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three referees via email to:
Dr. Louise Gallagher
Chief of Child and Youth Mental Health Collaborative,
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
80 Workman Way
ON M6J 1H4
Tel: 416 535-8501 extn 33566