Chief Medical Director, General Internal Medicine
- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
- Internal Medicine/Internist, Leadership
GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE, Medical Director/Chief
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is recruiting a progressive Medical Director to provide leadership to the Department. The Medical Director position is equivalent to 1.0 days/week administrative workload, and the physician is expected to have a clinical practice in the Hospital and Community.
The Medical Director of Internal Medicine is responsible for Internal Medicine, Stroke and Cardiac Care, and Oncology Services. Experience in health care management and leadership is an asset.
The Medical Director will work in collaboration with the Administrative Program Director to provide leadership in program visioning, planning, resource allocation, service excellence, research, and quality improvement. In addition, the Director is responsible for ensuring that quality medical care is delivered, that professional medical practice is advanced, and that physicians function as partners in the care of patients within the program.
The Medical Director will join a broad range of medicine specialties including respirology, cardiology, neurology, geriatrics, oncology, and endocrinology. Clinical remuneration is fee for service. Services available to support internal medicine include:
- Chest Pain clinic
- Transesophageal echocardiography, Bronchoscopy suite, pulmonary function testing
- District Stroke Centre
- Local oncology and palliative care services
- Medicine Telemetry Unit in-patient service
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Fellowship in Internal Medicine (any sub-specialty) with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
- Eligible for Independent license by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Residency or a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
- Full clinical activity within the internal medicine team.
- Active interest in training of residents/medical students
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- Broad range of diagnostic services including CT, MRI, Echo, Ultrasound
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Closed 14-bed Critical Care Unit
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery & interventional cardiology not available)
Newsweek recently recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
Application closing date is March 31, 2023
If interested, please send CV and references to:
Mike Haddad, MD, MSc, FRCSC, CCPE
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health firstname.lastname@example.org,
519-464-4400 ext. 4534