Emergency Medicine Opportunities
- Island Health
- Vancouver Island, BC
- Job Category
- Emergency Medicine
The Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) has opportunities for Emergency Medicine Physicians in Rural and Urban communities on Vancouver Island, BC.
Looking for the stability of a permanent position or the flexibility that locum coverage provides? With the fantastic lifestyle opportunities on beautiful Vancouver Island, Island Health has what you’re looking for! Island Health’s affiliation with the University of British Columbia’s Island Medical Program also provides teaching opportunities to medical students and residents.
- CCFP (EM), FRCPC (EM), ABEM or CCFP with Emergency Experience
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS (or other Pediatrics course)
- Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Alternate Payment Plan
- Expense Reimbursements may be available for locum services in eligible unserved rural communities, including.
Additional benefits may be available to successful permanent candidates as per the Ministry of Health’s Rural Recruitment Contingency Fund in eligible rural communities (excluding Nanaimo and Greater Victoria) include:
- $10,000 Recruitment Incentive - pro-rated based on FTE
- Relocation Stipend ($9,000 - $12,000)
- 4.2% - 9.52% Fee Premium
- $4,222.80 – $9,571.68 Annual Flat Fee
- Annual Rural CME
Expense reimbursements may be available for locum services in eligible under served communities.
Whether your interests are clinical, administrative, educational, research or you’re simply looking for a great place to live and work, practicing emergency medicine on Vancouver Island will meet and exceed your professional and lifestyle goals. Why not take advantage of our temperate West Coast climate with unparalleled recreational opportunities and bring your career to a location where the benefits are naturally distracting.
To find out more about our Emergency Medicine opportunities, contact us today!
Christal Lawson, Medical Staff Recruiter