- Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital
- Perth, Smiths Falls
- Job Category
Hospitalist Medicine Program
Smiths Falls Site
Full Time / Part Time Opportunities
The Perth- Smiths Falls District Hospital is a two site 85 bed, acute care community hospital serving a regional population of 66,000.
The community of Smiths Falls (pop. 9,000) is conveniently located midway between Kingston and Ottawa, along the Rideau Canal.
- Return of Service eligible
- Student Loan Forgiveness program eligible
- Most Responsible Physician (MRP) for unattached adult patients
- Week long / 7 Day week ( Saturday – Friday)
- 30 Medical/ Surgical beds (includes ALC) plus 4 bed Level 2 ICU
- Staffing = 2 Hospitalists daily (flexibility in patient assignment).
- 0800 - 1700 hrs in house coverage (one hospitalist must always be on site).
- 1700-2200 hrs available by telephone
- 2200 – 0800 hrs in house coverage by ED physician
- EMR (Medi Tech ) / eScription / PACs/ CT
- Full complement of specialty back up locally; Anesthesia / Internal Medicine/ General Surgery/ Ob/Gyn/ Ortho / Physiatry /Urology
- Established links with tertiary care centres 1 hour away (Kingston / Ottawa)
- Fee for Service + $300 / day (weekday / weekend day)
Carlene MacDonald, Physician Recruiter, email@example.com 613 285 5057 c