Chief Medical Officer and Regional Lead Medical Services
- Prairie Mountain Health
- Brandon, Manitoba
- Job Category
- Job Type
Prairie Mountain Health delivers quality health services to over 164,000 people in western Manitoba. A range of services are offered by Prairie Mountain Health in the following areas: primary care, pre-hospital care, acute care, surgical services, transition care, rehabilitation & therapy services, public health, mental health, home care, long-term care, spiritual health, palliative care, health promotion, emergency medical services, diagnostics, and many more that fall within and support these areas. There are 29 health centres, with 28 offering either acute or transition care, one providing orthopaedic rehabilitation, and 42 long-term care facilities.
The Regional Lead Medical Services/CMO shall be accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, evaluation, and operation of the Physician Services within Prairie Mountain Health.
- Responsible for the standard of care and quality of patient services provided by all members of the Medical Staff throughout Prairie Mountain Health.
- Monitors appropriate financial, human resources, equipment, and environmental issues of Medical Staff throughout Prairie Mountain Health.
- Oversees the development of policies and procedures related to Medical Staff.
- Instrumental in the planning and development of a sustainable department (including developing/promoting medical leadership, and ensuring physician morale, wellness and productivity are prioritized).
- Participates in portfolio/facility/regional team structure.
- Develops and maintains functional relationships with other departments/programs.
- Plans for continued professional development of medical staff and self.
- Promotes positive public relations and communications.
- Operationalizes Prairie Mountain Health’s Vision, Mission, and Values statements (including ensuring targets/benchmarks are established and assessed).
- Promotes the quality dimensions of access, safety, effectiveness, and satisfaction in the provision of clinical services.
- Participates in all provincial meetings where appropriate, including the Health Transformation, bringing forward the region’s perspective and issues to those tables.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of the Prairie Mountain Health Medical Staff By-Laws, and Rules & Regulations.
- Liaises with external partners (University of Manitoba, etc.) as required to fulfill the academic mission of Prairie Mountain Health.
- Medical Degree.
- Eligible for and maintains College of Physicians and Surgeons licensure to practice as a physician in the province of Manitoba.
- Eligible for and maintains Canadian Medical Protective Association coverage or alternative acceptable to the CEO.
- Recommend five (5) years of Leadership experience in a Health Care setting.
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License, or equivalent from the province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health.
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology.
An excellent healthcare benefits package is available and includes; competitive wages, health and dental benefits, pension plan and a health spending account.
With a population of just over 51,000 and a catchment population of over 180,000, Brandon is a thriving rural community with lifestyle opportunities for all ages. Located a short drive of 200 km west from Winnipeg on the TransCanada highway, Brandon is large enough to supply all the retail, medical, educational, and cultural needs on a daily basis and small enough to avoid high costs of living and long commutes to work.
Brandon University has a significant reputation in music, general arts, and science programs. Assiniboine Community College provides a wide range of education options (which includes the Institute of Culinary Arts). Robertson College and the Manitoba Emergency Services College are also part of Brandon.
Cottage country/camping recreation is second to none with Riding Mountain National Park one hour North, the International Peace Gardens situated on the Manitoba/North Dakota border just over an hour to the south and Spruce Woods provincial park 30 minutes to the West. Brandon’s enthusiastic volunteer base lands many provincial, national, and international events. With a population increase of 5%, it is a vibrant community in which to live, work and play.
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to http://www.miramsbecker.com/prairie-mountain-health-CMO-regional-lead-medical-services or contact Kevin Kirkpatrick at Avery Professional Services at 905-447-2151 or [email protected].
Prairie Mountain Health, Mirams Becker, and Avery Professional Services are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons. Prairie Mountain Health is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.
More search results
Emergency Medicine Physicians
Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC)
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Emergency Medicine - Mentorship Opportunities
Emergency Medicine - Nocturnist
Centre of Clinical Excellence for Veterans and First Responders Health