Site Chief of Medicine
- William Osler Health System
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
Site Chief of Medicine
William Osler Health System (Osler), located 40 minutes from downtown Toronto and 20 minutes from Pearson International Airport, is one of Canada’s largest community hospitals, serving diverse communities across Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities. Nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety, Osler is also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a member of the Schwartz Centre for Compassionate Healthcare and a key clinical partner of Toronto Metropolitan University’s new School of Medicine, Osler is committed to bringing patient-centred health care to the forefront, using innovation, compassion, and a safety-first mindset in our delivery of care. We invite you to answer the call to make a difference.
The Department of Medicine is recruiting for 2 Site Chief of Medicine positions for the Brampton and Etobicoke hospital sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in the development and leadership of the Medicine program at Osler. Reporting to the Corporate Chief of Medicine, the Site Chief will be responsible for:
- reporting on the activities of the department including utilization of resources, resource requirements, and quality of care
- supporting the Chief of Medicine in achieving the goals as highlighted in the Clinical Mandate Letter for the Department of Medicine
Quality and Risk Management
- providing consultative support, organizing, co-ordinating, and implementing the clinical review program
- organizing and implementing a quality assurance program
- assisting the Corporate Chief of Medicine with manpower planning, recruitment; and participate in the orientation of new professional staff
- developing and supporting in the oversight and adherence with the hospital bylaws, rules and regulations and other applicable policies;
- coordinating regular department meetings, delegating responsibility to site departmental members, and ensuring schedules have sufficient physician coverage
- encouraging continuing education related to Medicine
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to join the fastest growing community hospital offering innovative research opportunities, access to cutting edge technology and a dynamic leadership team development program. The candidate must have a certificate of registration to practise from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and have or be eligible for Active Staff privileges at William Osler Health System.
Join us in Going Beyond, submit you expression of interest by May 31st to:
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. Michael Miletin, Interim Corporate Chief of Medicine
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the Medical Staff Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.