- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is seeking applications for a Gastroenterologist to join the Medicine Department. Remuneration is fee for service.
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada or American Board Certification in Gastroenterology
- An Independent license (or eligible) with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Resident or a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
Services available to support Gastroenterology & Internal Medicine include:
- Endoscopy suite, ERCP service, Bronchoscopy suite, Transesophageal echocardiography, pulmonary function testing
- 24/7 General Surgery services
- Rapid assessment Chest Pain clinic
- District Stroke Centre, including a secondary stroke prevention clinic
- Local oncology and palliative care services
- Geriatrics Services
- Medicine Telemetry Unit in-patient service
- Advanced Diagnostics, including CT, MRI, Cardiac perfusion and Ultrasound facilities.
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- Fully staffed 24/7 high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Closed 14-bed advanced Critical Care Unit with acute dialysis services
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (excluding on-site neurosurgery, CVT & interventional cardiology)
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one best hospitals in Canada for the fifth year in a row.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
If interested, please send CV and references to:
Mike Haddad, MD, MSc, FRCSC, CCPE
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health email@example.com
519-464-4400 ext. 4534