- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
- Surgery, General
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
A general surgeon interested in practicing at Bluewater Health, will find:
- Full range of community General Surgery
- Active Ambulatory Care service in both Sarnia and Petrolia
- 8 operating rooms, 4 laparoscopic suites, and 3 endoscopy suites
- Reasonable on-call schedule, with flexible vacation time
- Remuneration is fee for service, plus on-call stipend
- An equitable share of Endoscopy, OR, Ambulatory Care, and On call resources
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) in General Surgery or American Board Certification in General Surgery.
- Experience/training in minimally invasive surgery and breast cancer surgery is required
- Be eligible for independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Residency or a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- A broad range of diagnostic services including CT and MRI, Echo, Ultrasound
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Various medical and surgical specialty services 24/7
- 14 bed closed state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Collegial Medical/Professional Staff community
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada for the fifth year in a row.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health, see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts & culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
If interested, please send CV and references to:
Mike Haddad, MD, MSc, FRCSC, CCPE
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health, firstname.lastname@example.org,
519-464-4400 ext. 4534.