Internists, General Internal Medicine
- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
- Internal Medicine/Internist, Leadership
GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE
LOCUM & FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is seeking full time and locum Internists to provide coverage on the Medicine – Telemetry unit. An Internist works on the Telemetry unit a week at a time – Monday to Sunday, from 0800 – 1700, and a separate Internist provides on call coverage. Remuneration is fee for service plus a stipend. Full time applicants have the opportunity to also build a community practice.
Services available to support internal medicine include:
- Chest Pain and secondary stroke prevention clinics
- District Stroke Centre
- Transesophageal echocardiography, Bronchoscopy suite, pulmonary function testing
- Local Medical oncology and palliative care services
- Medicine Telemetry Unit in-patient service
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Fellowship in Internal Medicine (any sub-specialty) with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada or equivalent American Board Certification
- Eligible for Independent license by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Residency or a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- Broad range of diagnostic services including CT, MRI, Echo, Ultrasound
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Closed state of the art 14-bed Critical Care Unit
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery & interventional cardiology not available)
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one best hospitals in Canada for the fifth year in a row.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
If interested, please send CV and references to:
Mike Haddad, MD, MSc, FRCSC, CCPE
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health email@example.com,
519-464-4400 ext. 4534
More search results
St.Boniface General Hospital (Ultrasound Department).
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Norfolk General Hospital
Virtual Physician (Canada remote role)
Teladoc Health Canada, Inc.