Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Norfolk General Hospital
- Simcoe, ON
- Job Category
- Emergency Medicine
Our client, Norfolk General Hospital (NGH), is a 102-bed full-service community hospital accredited with exemplary standing serving the over 65,000 residents of Norfolk County in beautiful Southwest Ontario. Hospital services include a 7-bed ICU, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia, and Family Medicine.
The collegial Emergency Medicine Team provides 24/7 high quality care to a diverse mixture of clinical cases. With approximately 28,000 ED visits per year, their team of highly skilled, well-trained, experienced, and supportive staff are dedicated to providing exceptional care to their patients. The Emergency Department provides a full range of services to meet the unscheduled and emergency health care needs for patients of all ages in the region. NGH is seeking full-time or part-time Emergency Medicine Physicians to contribute to the top tier care provided in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Successful candidates will be CCFP-EM, or ABEM, or FRCPC certified, or CCFP certified with Emergency Medicine experience, and must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. CPSO pathway licensure is easily available for US Board Certified Physicians with new regulations implemented in 2023 that have created a straightforward licensure process without the requirement for supervision.
About the NGH ED
- ED covered by a combination of full time/part time Emergency and Family Medicine physicians
- Excellent support from Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Respiratory Therapy and low risk FMOB call group
- 24-hour access to CT, US and x-ray for specific imaging indications
- Mentorship program available for new graduates or applicants with minimal experience
- NGH is a McMaster University affiliated teaching site
- Emergency Medicine Shifts are also available at partner West Haldimand General Hospital
Emergency Medicine AFA Hourly rates:
- AFA model with hourly rate ($150/hour day shifts, $200/hour for night shifts) plus 35% of shadow billings
- $150/hour – 0700-1700, 1200-2000, 1500 – 2300, plus 35% of shadow billings
- $200/hour – 2100-0700, 2200-0700 plus 35% of shadow billings
- Locums will be reimbursed for travel and accommodations
- Full time positions offer a generous incentive package, CME funding, re-location assistance including availability of no cost housing for 3 months to assist with housing during transition.
- Moving costs up to $5,000. Out of province relocation cost is negotiable.
In addition to Emergency Medicine shifts, very flexible turn key Family Medicine practice opportunities can be customized to suit your desired clinical practice scope.
The hospital is located in Simcoe, Ontario, 10 minutes from the spectacular shores and beaches of Lake Erie on Ontario’s beautiful Southcoast. NGH is centrally located 30 minutes from Brantford, 60 minutes from Hamilton, London and Kitchener, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area.
Norfolk County is renowned for its local fresh produce, warm southern climate, outstanding wineries, fishing on Long Point Bay, outdoor activities including 55 kilometres of mountain biking trails, camping, Carolinian forests, and sandy beaches from Port Dover to Long Point.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and collegial hospital family where you will be inspired and have the opportunity to flourish and grow, this is the opportunity for you.
Please forward a CV in confidence to:
The Medfall Group is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion for all candidates and these principles are integral to all of our processes. The Medfall Group and NGH will make arrangements for any required accommodation to candidates with disabilities in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
More search results
St.Boniface General Hospital (Ultrasound Department).
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Norfolk General Hospital
Virtual Physician (Canada remote role)
Teladoc Health Canada, Inc.