The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) - Division of Radiation Oncology
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH)/University of Ottawa Division of Radiation Oncology is seeking family physician hospitalists or general internists to provide clinical services for acute inpatients admitted to the Radiation Oncology service.
TOH is at the forefront of health care in Canada, with a focus on exceptional patient care and practice-changing research. The Ottawa Hospital Hospitalist Program offers opportunities for expanding clinical skills, continuing professional development, and a great work-life balance in a supportive clinical environment. Our program also features on-boarding education specific to the management of Radiation Oncology patients, as well as a Mentorship program, and offers flexible arrangements to fit hospitalist medicine into outpatient practices.
Our program is expanding and we are currently hiring for January 2024.
- The Ottawa Hospital – General Campus – Radiation Oncology Unit (6 West)
- EPIC EMR – full training provided
The Ideal Hospitalist candidate will:
- Strive for excellent patient care
- Possess great interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- Be either Internal Medicine (FRCPC) or Family Medicine (CCFP) trained
- Have Family Practice Oncology / General Practice Oncology designation, or experience with the oncology population, but this is not mandatory
- Have acute care hospitalist experience
- Have excellent English language communication skills; French would be an asset
- Possess an independent license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Be registered in good standing with the CMPA
- The hospitalist will function as most responsible physician in managing inpatients admitted to the Radiation Oncology service, and will work in co-management alongside the Radiation Oncologists
- Workload: approximately 10 patients per physician (can range from 6 – 14 patients)
- Coverage of on-call and weekends is shared amongst hospitalist colleagues
- Both part time and full-time options; flexible arrangements are available
- Daily stipend + Fee-For-Service Billings
- Call stipend + Fee-For-Service Billings on call
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application, including an up-to-date CV to:
Dr. Marc Gaudet / Dr. Emily Pranger
Via Heather Karcher De-Vos
The Ottawa Hospital
501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6 | Mailbox
T: 613-737-7700, ext 74441 | Fax: 613-739-6846
More search results
St.Boniface General Hospital (Ultrasound Department).
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Norfolk General Hospital
Virtual Physician (Canada remote role)
Teladoc Health Canada, Inc.