- Te Whatu Ora Health NZ
- New Zealand
- $165,000 and $245,000 a year
- Job Category
- Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Multiple Positions
- Job Type
Calling all Senior Medical Officers - take your career to new heights!
Aotearoa, New Zealand offers a broad range of opportunities for Senior Medical Officers (SMOs) in a range of environments from fast-paced metropolitan centres to community-focused healthcare in urban, rural, and remote settings.
About the role - Senior Medical Officer
Senior Medical Officers (SMOs) are senior doctors, often referred to as Specialists or Consultants. The term SMO is used to distinguish these Doctors from Doctors who are still in training and are collectively referred to as Resident Medical Officers (RMOs) or Doctors in training. SMOs complete a vocational training programme, after which the Medical Council of New Zealand (Medical Council) may register them to practise within a defined scope of practice in a particular branch of medicine.
As Senior Clinicians, SMOs may carry out a variety of functions, including:
- diagnosis and treatment
- clinical leadership
Aotearoa, New Zealand offers 36 vocational scopes of practice, learn more about it here.
- Senior Medical Officers usually earn between $165,000 and $245,000 a year
- Most of our workforce receive a minimum of six (6) weeks annual leave and the salary is based on working 40 hours a week
- Other benefits include:
- Maternity leave for one year with six weeks full pay
- Long Service Leave
- Onerous Duties Leave
- Ongoing Professional Development and Education
- Research and Publications
Required qualifications and experience
To work in Aotearoa, New Zealand you will require an appropriate registration.
- Senior Medical Officers need to be registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Have a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Have completed a vocational training programme.
When you submit an application, you will be redirected to Kiwi Health Jobs, our centralised recruitment portal. The Kiwi Health Jobs team are here to simplify the recruitment process by providing guidance, answering queries and connecting you to the right people in the Districts that you are most interested to work in.
- Connecting you to locations across NZ that match your lifestyle
- A choice of relocation packages to help you with the move
- Recruitment expertise to assess your career aspirations
- Our Candidate Kaitiaki (guides) ensure the best outcomes for you
- Settlement support when you arrive at your new home in New Zealand
More search results
St.Boniface General Hospital (Ultrasound Department).
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Norfolk General Hospital
Virtual Physician (Canada remote role)
Teladoc Health Canada, Inc.