LOCUM opportunity with potential extension to FULL TIME
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is accepting applications for a Plastic Surgeon to join the Surgery Department. We are looking for a general Plastic Surgeon to join the Surgery Department to support the needs of the community and hospital as a temporary locum with anticipated start date October 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023 with possibility for full time extension.
Interested candidates will find the following at Bluewater Health:
- Eight state of the art Operating Rooms at the Sarnia Site
- Active Ambulatory Care service in both Sarnia and Petrolia
- Remuneration is fee for service, plus on call stipend
- A highly collegial and friendly work environment
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- A Fellowship by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) in Plastic Surgery
- Be eligible for independent license College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Specific assets would be experience/training in breast reconstruction for malignant diseases, management of hand trauma, and skin cancers.
- Canadian Permanent Residency or be a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
- An interest in training medical students/residents
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- a broad range of diagnostic services including CT and MRI, Echo, Ultrasound
- fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Various medical and surgical specialty services 24/7
- 14 bed closed state of the art Critical Care Unit
- Affiliation with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Collegial Medical/Professional Staff community
Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the top 50 hospitals in Canada for the past five years.
For physician perspective on practicing at Bluewater Health see link: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Or for any specific questions related to the practice of plastic surgery at Bluewater Health, contact one of our plastic surgeons, Dr. Bing Siang Gan at: [email protected] or Dr. Kathleen Nelligan at [email protected]
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Mike Haddad,
Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health,
519-464-4400 ext. 4534