The Saskatchewan Cancer Agency provides leadership in health promotion, early detection, treatment and research for cancer. The Cancer Agency operates two treatment centres: the Allan Blair Cancer Centre in Regina and the Saskatoon Cancer Centre. The provincial hematology program focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with both benign and malignant hematological conditions, including full provision of autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplant services at our Saskatoon location.
Practice Location(s): Saskatoon Cancer Centre, 20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada S7N 4H4
Population Base: The population of Saskatchewan is 1.17 million. The Saskatoon Cancer Centre provides comprehensive cancer care to those living in the central and northern parts of the province.
Job Duties: The position will have responsibilities in the care of both benign and malignant patients, the proportion of each to be determined in collaboration with the team.
Our hematologists are eligible for a clinical appointment in the Division of Oncology, College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan and are also involved in teaching medical students and Residents including at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Degree in Medicine with subspecialty training in internal medicine and hematology.
- Preferred candidates will have obtained or be in the final stages of obtaining certification in internal medicine and hematology with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or have equivalent education, training and experience.
- Experience in benign and malignant hematology considered an asset.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
- Must be eligible for membership and privileges with the Saskatchewan Health Authority in Saskatoon.
- Eligible for Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) coverage or equivalent
- Criminal record check
- Written and verbal fluency in English
Salary Details: A competitive compensation package is offered and will be commensurate with experience. Salary range for this position is $340,263 to $439,113, plus benefits. Additional incentives and relocation packages available.
How to Apply: For more information regarding this opportunity, contact Dr. Abdulhakim Eswedi, Regina Team Lead - Hematology, at [email protected]. Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae to:
Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
130-1804 McOrmond Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada S7S 0A6
Email: [email protected]