Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is seeking a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for the Victoria Hospital and the Mental Health Unit in Prince Albert. The child psychiatrist must have the training and experience necessary to deal with a wide range of child and adolescent mental health issues; additional training in addictions would be beneficial.
Prince Albert Mental Health Center offers confidential community-based mental health assessment, treatment/counseling, and consultative services. Services can be accessed by family or self-referral, physician referral, agency or school referral. Psychiatric referrals are accepted by physicians only. The clinic is staffed by Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Community Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Mental Health Therapists, and clerical/support staff.
The Prince Albert Mental Health Inpatient Unit is one of three mental health units in the province that provides inpatient psychiatric services to child & youth psychiatry patients. Services are provided in the community, ou1patients services and in the child/youth inpatient unit at the Victoria Hospital. The inpatient unit has a 29 adult inpatient beds and a dedicated 10 in-patient beds for child & youth. The role is responsible for providing psychiatry services to some communities within the region and as such travel is required.
Supporting departments: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiologists, ENT, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Gynecology and Obstetrics and Urology.
The largest Centre in the region is Prince Albert- regarded as Saskatchewan Gateway to the North with a population of 45,000. There are many lakes and outdoor camping sites, and the natural setting of Prince Albert National Park.
Skill and Abilities
- Must hold certification or be eligible for certification in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada royalcollege.ca
- Must be eligible for provisional or regular licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS) cps.sk.ca
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) is required cmpa-acpm.ca
- Applicants must have successfully achieved their English Language Proficiency (IELTS) and the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE) as requirements for licensure with the CPSS
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
Interested candidates can submit their CV to:
April Matlock, Practitioner Staff Affairs, NE Area