Family Practice FHO Opportunities in Trenton/Brighton, Ontario
Attention current and future family physicians! Docs by the Bay invite you to Embrace the Extraordinary – a fulfilling medical career and an amazing life await you in the communities of Trenton and Brighton, Ontario.
Presenting a unique opportunity to join one of our 3 FHO's in Trenton (Quinte West) or Brighton, Ontario located along the 401 corridor between Toronto and Kingston, in beautiful south-eastern Ontario. With these FHO positions, there is a possibility to takeover an existing practice, as well, additional patients can be rostered as we have many unattached patients in our community.
This opportunity presents with collegial colleagues and wonderful staff including nurses, social workers, dieticians, pharmacists, diabetes educators and more! EMR is Telus PS Suites and Oscar.
Want to use your enhanced skills? You can combine this practice with ED, hospitalist, anesthesia, or palliative care at Trenton Memorial Hospital (TMH) making the balancing of roles very convenient.
Trenton Memorial Hospital (TMH) provides primary and some secondary care to patient and offers a range of clinical and diagnostic services, including:
- Children's Treatment Centre - Preschool Speech and Language
- Clinical Nutrition (Registered Dieticians)
- Complex Continuing Care (regional inpatient unit)
- Diabetes Education & Management
- Diagnostic Services - x-ray, ultrasound, bone mineral density testing, and CT
- Cardiopulmonary, echo cardiopulmonary, holter monitor, ECG, stress test, and pulmonary function testing
- Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) and a regional Breast Assessment Centre
- Psychiatry/Mental Health Crisis Clinic
- Surgical Services - Eye clinic – laser and minor procedures; Outpatient surgeries including orthopaedic, some ear, nose and throat procedures, cystoscopy and minor urological procedures, dental and ophthalmology
- Approximately 34,000 visits annually
- Dynamic team of physicians and staff including NPs for 12-hours a day
- Dual physician coverage for 9-hours a day to assist with patient volumes
- Point of care lab and on-site 24-hour access to CT, US and X-ray
- Customized physician scheduling to suit each person’s individual needs
- Competitive remuneration – Alternate Payment Plan
- Medical education partnership with Queen’s Medicine and the Belleville Family Medicine Residency Program with regularly scheduled FM and EM residents
- Preference is for CCFP-EM or FRCP designation, however there is an available 4-month ED Mentorship program for family medicine physicians interested in adding some EM shifts.
TMH In-Patient Unit:
- Dedicated and collegial team of hospitalists, most with community practices in Quinte West
- Rotation schedule: Tuesday to Tuesday and includes ‘home’ call
- Average 18-20 Acute patients
- Average 13-15 Complex Continuing Care patients with Nurse Practitioner as MRP
- Admissions part of daily load, typically two per day
- Hold orders written at night by the emergency doctor
- Remuneration is FFS, daily stipend and call stipend
- Full time and locum opportunities available
Trenton (Quinte West) is a vibrant, growing community located on the shores of the beautiful Bay of Quinte at the mouth of the Trent-Severn Waterway. It provides a unique mix of urban and rural living, conveniently situated along the 401 corridor between Toronto and Ottawa.
With an average home price far below what you will pay in the larger urban areas, our region features affordable, attractive and attainable living. You can choose from friendly safe neighbourhood subdivisions, private rural settings and charming small towns and quaint villages. With over 1200 kms of waterfront, there are many waterfront homes and building lots available.
Our region is ideal for outdoor lovers with boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, golf, biking, camping, skiing, snowmobiling and more, all in spectacular natural surroundings and all at your doorstep. You will find art, cultural and culinary experiences abound, including wineries (we are just 20 minutes from Prince Edward County), craft breweries, farmer's markets, gourmet restaurants, museums and seasonal music, food and pet festivals.
Our City has purchased a large medical building in town and is currently renovating it to the highest standards. There is potential to relocate to the new building by the end of the year.
Brighton is a charming town situated on the shores of Lake Ontario, with a population of 12,000. It is well-known as "Apple Country" with its annual event "Applefest" taking place every September. Conveniently located on the 401 between Toronto and Belleville, offering the advantages of rural living with easy accessibility to the larger cities. It is ideal for outdoor lovers with a special interest in birding, fishing or boating with easy access to the Bay of Quinte, Trent River and Lake Ontario. Presqu'ile Provincial Park, just south of the town centre, is one of Brighton's most popular attractions with over 2.5 km of sandy beach as a closer and quieter alternative to the popular Sandbanks in Prince Edward County.
Check out this video of our area and learn why our Docs love it here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6cw29n5Ck
More search results
Emergency Medicine Physicians
Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC)
General and Sub-specialized Women’s Imaging Radio…
Prairie Skies Medical Imaging
Emergency Medicine - Mentorship Opportunities
Emergency Medicine - Nocturnist
Centre of Clinical Excellence for Veterans and First Responders Health