Staff Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Sydney Children’s Hospital - Randwick and Children’s Hospital - Westmead
Permanent Full Time/Part-Time/Temporary Full Time/Part-time up to 31 January 2021
Salary Package $228,834 p.a. to 309, 164 p.a. inclusive as per Staff Specialist Award
Superannuation of 9.5% is paid in addition to salary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to work in the Department of Psychological Medicine in The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. This is a brilliant opportunity to expand your career within a sophisticated environment with the largest network of hospitals and services for children in Australia. Candidates must be qualified as a Child Psychiatrist or be within the final stages of training towards becoming a Child Psychiatrist. Candidates must have Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry or equivalent.
The ideal candidate will be looking for an opportunity to:
- Provide mental health and clinical services as required by Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (Randwick and Westmead)
- Focus on delivering excellent clinical care to children and supporting their families
- Provide undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research and supervision
- Participate in quality activities, professional development and continuing education in the area of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Be a qualified Child Psychiatrist or within the final stages of training as a Child Psychiatrist
About the service
The Department of Psychological Medicine has a number of clinical teams:
- Intellectual Disability/Developmental Disability Mental Health Team
- Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Consultation-Liaison Team
- Psychosomatic Disorders and Gender Dysphoria Team
- Eating Disorders Team
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists and other specialist mental health workers will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team and provide excellent, world-class Child and Adolescent mental health service that is highly respected nationally and internationally. Career advancement is a priority for our Psychiatrists through providing support and opportunities for research, teaching and continuing professional development.
Advertising Closes – 30 June 2018
Enquiries: Dr Michael Bowden, Head of Department, Telephone: (61) - 2- 9845 2005. Email: Michael.Bowden@health.nsw.gov.au. SCHN are able to assist eligible candidates with visa sponsorship, moving costs, and medical registration as required.