- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Charlottetown, PEI
- Job Category
- Job Type
Prince Edward Island is seeking a Locum Surgical Ophthalmologist for six months (with possibility of extension) to provide the full scope of Ophthalmology services working with a team of six Ophthalmologists. Surgical services are performed at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), located in Charlottetown . The QEH is a 243-bed provincial referral hospital which includes a spacious Provincial Eye Clinic and an Eye Surgery Suite.
Hours of Work:
- Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum of 1,725 hours/year for a contract-for-service physician (for contracts less than one year, maximum hours are pro-rated).
Physicians have the option of choosing a fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service rate is $130.65 - $149.52/hour.
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and weekend on-call services provided outside of regular contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of application fees with the PEI Medical Society of PEI(link is external) and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI(link is external).
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses. $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7,500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada(link is external) certification is preferred.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island(link is external).
- Work experience preferable