Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Full-time Emergency Medicine certified individual (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada Emergency or Certificate of Canadian Family Practitioners - Emergency) to join our collegial team.
We have a great group of 14 Emergency physicians from various backgrounds – including CCFP(EM) and FP-EM, who support an average of 36,500 visits annually. There is very good specialist support available and double physician coverage for most of the day and evenings. PRH has excellent radiology availability with on-site Computed Tomography (CT) and part-time Medical Resonance Imaging (MRI). We are also a Regional Trauma Referral Centre. We are proud to be actively involved in collaboration with the University of British Columbia’s Southern Medical Program and you will have the opportunity to make an impact on 4th year medical students, as well as, Family Practice Residents.
This is an opportunity to enjoy the South Okanagan's exceptional recreation and culture: world class wineries, beaches, boating, hiking, fishing, golf and rock climbing, while working in the Penticton Regional Hospital Emergency Department.
Locums also welcomed during the recruitment process.
The Penticton Regional Hospital is a 134-bed Acute Care facility in the Okanagan Health Service Area and responsible for providing and core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding South Okanagan population of approximately 90,000 people. PRH offers 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Acute Services, Ambulatory and Out-patient Clinics, and Diagnostic/Paramedical Services. As a regional facility and secondary referral centre for the South Okanagan and Similkameen Valley, you will be joining an excellent complement of medical and surgical specialists. Excellent radiology availability with on site Computed Tomography (CT) and part time Medical Resonance Imaging (MRI). PRH has a seven-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
PRH also serves as the referral base for hematology/transfusion medicine for the smaller local hospitals in Oliver and Princeton.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Certificant of College of Family Physicians of Canada-Emerg Med (CCFP-EM)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS)
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full-time / Part-time possible
- Shifts 6-9 hours
- Payment Structure: Alternative Payment Program
- Estimated Gross Income: ~$319,480
- Overhead: 2% of remuneration held back to cover overhead
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000 maximum or $15,000 maximum if move is over 3,000 kms/international (with eligible receipts)
Apply today to live work and play where others only vacation! It's better here! Email CV to email@example.com.