- KJK Healthplex
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
- Job Type
Family physician for the clinic’s 2000+ patient base.
Number of Positions: Two
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients'; physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Provide acute care management
- Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Provide pre-natal and post-natal care
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Provide counseling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provide continuous care to patients
- Supervise home care services
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities.
- Provide emergency care; and other related duties.
- Licensed/registered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Graduation from an approved medical school; and
- Completion of qualifying examinations or licensed/registered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Required work experience:
- Completion of 2-3 years of family medicine residency training or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, reliable, organized, team player
Language of Work:
- $130,000-$225,000 per year, based on fee for service split (70/30).
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, full-time.
- Supervision provided, if required
- Teaching and research opportunities may be available-
- 21 days leave (unpaid)