- Northern Health Authority
- Prince George, BC
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
In Partnership with Northern Health, the Prince George Division of Family Practice is seeking 2 family physicians for a unique opportunity. This opportunity involves a minimum commitment of 9 months and will allow the physician to experience several different practice models. The organization of practice coverage in several clinics and practices will be managed by the Prince George Division of Family Practice (PG Division). We believe that this is a creative solution to some of the challenges faced by the health care system. The PG Division is very active in all aspects of Primary Care and where it intersects with the health care system as a whole.
We will work with each interested candidate to tailor a 9 month to 1 year experience choosing from the various opportunities available, which include:
• Full Service Family Practice including inpatient care, home visits and long term care
• Ability to join on-call coverage groups, including obstetrics
• A variety of fee for service practices, and two sessional contract clinics (no overhead)
• A combination of all of the above provided it meets the identified needs of our community.
Prince George (PG) is a dynamic and supportive medical community where family physicians can be more engaged in a much broader spectrum of practice than many other similar sized communities. Physicians are able to develop expanded skills and experience in areas of interest. Many develop a number of practice interests over their careers. Training for such interests can be funded by the BC REAP (Rural Educational Action Plan). Some of the unique draws to PG include:
• The University Hospital of Northern BC in Prince George is a UBC Family Medicine teaching site with > 60% of our graduates practicing in Prince George or smaller communities.
• The UBC Northern Medical Program offers a plethora of options to become involved in teaching at all levels.
• The Northern Continuing Medical Education Program which offers a full program of medical education opportunities: http://ncme.ca/
• Electronic Medical Record - robust and widely admired MOIS (Medical Office Information System) used across the community of PG, the north and some communities across the province.
• The home of AMCARE (Aggregated Metrics for Clinical Analysis Research and Evaluation) developed to allow physicians the ability to compare their aggregate panel data with other physicians while maintaining physician ownership and stewardship off the data.
We are confident that once you have experienced everything our community has to offer in the way of lifestyle and career, you will be ready to join a practice or clinic permanently. We look forward to helping find the best practice opportunity for you!
University Hospital of Northern British Columbia
1475 Edmonton Street
Prince George, British Columbia
V2M 1S2 Canada
In order to be eligible for British Columbia licensure your postgraduate training must meet the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Post graduate training must be obtained from an accredited and approved training program in a jurisdiction sanctioned by the College of Family Physicians of Canada. At this time, those countries are: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, and Australia. Please visit the following website for further information. http://www.cfpc.ca/ProjectAssets/Templates/Column1a.aspx?id=280&langType=4105&terms=jurisdictions
Please contact Health Match BC to determine your options to become eligible for BC licensure. http://www.healthmatchbc.org/Physicians.aspx
More search results
The Kids Clinic
General and Colorectal Surgeon - Locum
Alberta Health Services-Calgary Zone and the University of Calgary
Dalhousie University/Nova Scotia Health Authority
Clinical Academic Anesthesiologists
Dept of Anesthesia & Perioperative Medicine, Western University